32 Stats that Prove How Important Local SEO Is
Recently we wrote about why customers trust local businesses more. The feedback from our readers was more than we expected. While we knew local businesses are trusted by consumers, it is clear that local is becoming even more important every day.
Local businesses are so important to our economy. And the primary way these businesses reach customers is through local SEO.
If you are not familiar with local SEO, you have probably done at least a few Google searches in your life. The businesses you found were leveraging some form of local search optimization. The businesses that you did not find were not optimized for local search. It’s that simple.
One question I have heard throughout my career is about the importance of local SEO. Most business owners understand they need to be doing it, but some are not quite sure of it’s impact. And for others, they might have had a bad experience trying their hand at local search, only to question the value of their efforts.
With that in mind, here are 30+ local search stats that will help you understand just how much a great local SEO strategy can increase monthly leads and revenue to your business:
- 88% of consumer local business searches on a mobile device either call or visit the business within 24 hours.
- 46% of all searches on Google are seeking local information.
- 97% searched online to find a local business (Hubspot)
- 86% of people look up the location of a business on Google Maps (Google)
- 72% of consumers, who search for local businesses, end up visiting stores within five miles. (Hubspot)
- 97% of people find out more about a local company through the internet in 2017. (BrightLocal)
- 12% search for a local business on a daily basis.
- 92% of searchers will pick businesses on the first page of local search results. (Google)
- 46% of all Google searches are local.
- 60%of the people who search for local business use smartphones. (Hubspot)
- 76% of consumers prefer shopping in physical stores that are local to them. (Geo Marketing report)
- 70% of customers visit a store based on information found online.
- 56% of local stores have yet to claim their local listing on Google. (Google)
- More than 50% of ‘near me’ searches result in a store visit. (Mediapost)
- Between 20% and 25% of organic traffic converts to a lead.
- Search beats social media by more than 300% as a traffic source. (imForza)
- 85% of retailers rated Search Engine Marketing as the most effective acquisition tactic.
- 80% more retailers rated SEM higher than direct mail and offline advertising. (Forester)
- 61% of marketers value ranking high on search engines. (Hubspot)
- 67% prefer businesses whose apps or mobile sites target their location. (Think with Google)
- 50% of people who conduct mobile searches will visit the store within a day. (Search Engine Land)
- More than three-quarters of searches for local businesses on mobile devices end up buying from local stores.
- 33% who use mobile phones to search for local companies are looking for the location. (Hubspot)
- 60% of smartphone users purchase from mobile websites that customize their location. (Google )
- An average mobile user spends about 4 hours a day on their smartphones.
- 52% of all web traffic worldwide originated from mobile phones. (Statista)
- By 2021, mobile devices will influence over $1.4 trillion in locally based sales. (Forrester).
- 65 percent of people use their mobile phone in their buying moments. (Think with Google)
- 71% of customers look to confirm the address before visiting a new store.
- 75% of smartphone owners use search first. (Think with Google)
- An average consumer reads seven local reviews before they shop.
- 88% of local clients trust reviews. (Yelp)
We have been helping our clients improve their local SEO presence for years. And we have the case studies and testimonials to back it up.
So, if you are looking for help, we would love to work with you. Otherwise, I hope this information has caused you to look at local SEO a little differently today.
One thought on “32 Stats that Prove How Important Local SEO Is”
Excellent post Ben! I like it and truly say I was looking for such kind of informative article from a long time that provides me detail information to understands the importance of Local SEO in business. Thanks for sharing.