Blogging is one of the biggest aspects of SEO and digital marketing that is missed by moving companies. Ultimately, the reason moving companies should start blogging is to generate more leads. Business Owners that implement blogging gain 67% more leads than their counterparts that do not have a blog. According to Hubspot, “writing a blog gets 94% more links to your website.” Also, “a study of 2,300 marketers revealed that brands with a dedicated blog experience a 126% higher lead growth.”
There are several reasons why adding a blog can help your moving company and add to a successful marketing strategy. We will be discussing 3 reasons you need a blog on your moving website.
1. Gives authority
It’s one thing if you tell people that you know a lot about the moving industry, it is another thing if you are explaining specific questions that your clients have about the moving industry.
For example, if you are a moving company it does not mean a lot when you just say, “we know everything about moving.” It means a lot more if you have a dedicated blog discussing;
- The Difference between Residential and Commercial Moves
- The 10 Biggest Packing Mistakes that You Should Avoid
- When is the Best Time of the Year to Move & Why
By showing your customers you know all of the answers to their moving questions you put your business in a great position to have higher authority in your niche. Google will start realizing that you do know what you are talking about and you might just know everything about moving.
2. Part of SEO Strategy
How do you get people to see YOUR blog instead of the billions of other blogs out there? That is a great question. Thousands of people each day are sharing blog posts about packing, moving and storage.
The best thing you can do is focus on On-Page SEO to help you rank higher in Google and to show up higher on the page results.
- Links: Internal and external
- Unique Graphics: Graphs, Reviews, etc
- Images: Alt Text
- Keywords & Keyphrase
Implementing these things in your moving posts will help improve your On-Page SEO and will make your blog more successful.
3. Drive Traffic to Website & Increases Leads
With each blog post, you have the opportunity to include your keywords and keyphrases into each post and that will allow your site to show up more on Google. The more you show up on Google, the higher your ranks, the more people that see your site, the more clients you get. So, the more quality blog posts = more leads.
How to Write A Good Blog Post
When you are writing a blog article there are several things that you need to make sure you consider and that you include in your work.
The quality of your work is so important. Have you ever been really excited about a title and then you click on the article and the article just blows. I hate that feeling because I feel like I have been completely let down.
You don’t want your readers to have that same feeling. They should be excited to read the title and then be very happy with the quality of your blog posts. You will likely hear the phrase content is king throughout your time in the blogging world.
Just imagine seeing a beautiful restaurant that has amazing curb appeal, you walk up to the restaurant solely because of the outer appearance, then you eat their food and it is just atrocious. No matter how great their marketing, it still doesn’t make up for the fact that their food sucks.
Consistency is an underrated tool that can make or break your content marketing strategy. When we are talking about consistency we are talking about;
- Consistently posting: Imagine if Kim Kardashian decided she was no longer going to show up on social media or any type of reality television show. Would we talk about her as much? Not really, she would become irrelevant. She likes posting regularly because she wants to stay trending. She has a great marketing strategy. She consistently posts to stay on people’s radar. Instead of appealing to your “fans” when you are posting about your moving website, think about appealing to Google. Make sure Google doesn’t forget about you and you stay relevant.
- Consistency is voice: What are you trying to portray to Google and your clients? Stick to that voice. The more consistency, the more likely you will rank higher. Why do you follow certain people on social media? Because you like their mission and their voice. Google is a robot and will get confused if you aren’t consistent and clear about your voice.
- Consistent work: Don’t just post to post. Make sure that every bit of content is consistently amazing. Think about when somebody posts something that all of a sudden is outside of their voice, or it’s not all that great. Fans get upset. In fact, many celebrities have found themselves losing followers after posting something unacceptable. This can happen to your moving company if you only provide 1 great piece out of 10. Google will notice that your content isn’t very consistent and will not rank your moving company very high.
Know your keywords/phrase before starting to write your content. If you don’t know your keyword/phrase then your content will be very messy. Your main keyword for your entire website “moving company” but what other keywords should you be using?
- Local movers
- Long distance movers
- Intrastate movers
- Interstate movers
- Residential movers
- Commercial movers
- In-state movers
- Piano movers
- College movers
- Senior movers
If you are struggling to come up with blog topics you can check out our list.
Does Blogging Seem Overwhelming?
If you know you need a blog, but you just can’t imagine staying consistent, then it is time to hire a professional. There are plenty of freelance websites that allow you to pay ghostwriters to create content for your website.
And if you are looking for a marketing company to handle all of your content, check availability with us! We are Today’s Local Media and we are one of the top-rate marketing companies for moving companies. We would love to speak to you about what we can do for your moving company and how we can help improve your leads.